JME World Consultants is seeking a professional geotechnical engineer with 2 – 5 years of experience to join our multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy company at our rural Manitoba office.
The successful individual will support the civil geotechnical engineering requirements of the company by providing analysis and design solutions with respect to subdivision design elements, soil stability analysis, riverbank remediation, and foundation design. The role includes field, lab, and office work with frequent interactions with other engineers, contractors, and Regulators.
Exciting upcoming projects include:
- Development of road design specifications for sensitive soils
- Lake Winnipeg shoreline stability evaluation for bioremediation area
- Project management of stabilization of cemeteries and gravesites near slopes and rivers
- Specification of foundation design requirements and constraints for densely located commercial buildings
Position: Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Terms: Permanent employment
Hours of work: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (including two 15-minute paid breaks and one 30-minute unpaid break)
Place of work: Lockport, Manitoba
Remuneration: JME offers a competitive compensation package including a negotiated salary commensurate to qualifications plus annual reviews and increases, 100% employer-paid health benefits, standard vacation, and employer-paid training.
JME World Consultants (JME) offers sustainable solutions for societal problems in the realm of civil engineering across Canada. This includes providing specialized services related to development planning, municipal design and infrastructure management, water resources, geotechnical evaluations, and sustainable building design.
JME aims to become a global leader offering fully developed sustainable solutions; i.e. solutions that consider all aspects of a problem with the foresight for economic shifts and climate change impacts. Our mandate is simple: to create enduring value for our clients by maximizing project benefits for the end-users. Our ability to recognize opportunities enables our clients to capitalize on highly effective solutions with a clear understanding of the cost‐benefit implications.
- Experience modeling with GeoStudio suite of products including SlopeW and SeepW
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D including experience with the geotechnical module, plus building surfaces, corridors, and profiles
- Experience preparing and presenting the contents of reports and charts
- Proficiency in completing local surveys for compiling slope analysis data
- Confidence with conducting tests and operating laboratory and field-testing equipment
- Ability to prepare cost estimates and reports using Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in civil / geotechnical engineering
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Registration with the Engineers Geoscientists of Manitoba
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Class 5 drivers license